We are looking for:
We are looking for a full-time Retail Planner to join our corporate team. The Retail Planner drives the analytics and provides forward visibility into all replenishment and ordering requirements to minimize stock-outs and inventory surprises. This role is responsible for maintaining the distribution network, safety stock levels and improving customer service by ensuring fabric inventory is available to meet demand.
This position is located in Dallas, TX. Relocation not available.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Drives the development of pre-season category plans, in-season OTB, and product assortment plans in partnership with the Merchandising and Product teams.
• Identifies opportunities and executes strategies to increase sales and margin to meet or exceed plan.
• Develops sound department and class level financial plans; re-forecasts in season based on current trend.
• Analyzes product performance in season, monitors demand, and adjusts forecasts to drive sales and maximize profitability.
• Develop the analytical tools needed to understand product performance, variances to plan, and action plans that mitigate risk.
• Collaborate regularly with merchandising counterpart to develop buying strategies.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as part of the team and communicate with multiple levels within a growing organization
• Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
• Curious with the ability to view things in new ways or from a different perspective
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business, Finance or relevant field
• 3+ years retail planning or buying experience
• Ability to analyze and drive business
• Proficient in Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SAS or other business intelligence software
• Advanced Excel skills are required