We are looking for:
We are looking for a full-time Events Planner to join our corporate team. The primary responsibilities of the Events Planner are the planning, overall management and execution of all field sales, client and home office events. This position is expected to understand event objectives and deliver an exceptional event experience that meets quality expectations.
We are looking for someone who is able to work on projects independently but also be comfortable working in a team environment. The job requires an ability to effectively interact with diverse populations professionally, manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines and able to make sound decisions quickly. To be successful in this position an individual must be highly motivated with a positive attitude; devoted to developing creative solutions to problems; analytical ability; be detail oriented; possess strong communication, time management, organization and prioritization skills; and have strong contract negotiation skills.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute key events to include Annual Conference, seasonal training events held nationwide, Studio/showroom and pop-up events, incentive trips, as well as corporate office events.
• Responsible for the overall timeline, logistics, budget and execution of events to ensure that J.Hilburn is well-represented.
• Responsible for procurement of all events, including hotels and vendor contracts
• Conduct pre-event meetings with stakeholders to define event goals, deliverables and expectations.
• Create, maintain/manage budgets, timelines, calendars, deadlines, and event deliverables.
• Select venues/vendors, negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships with 3rd party companies, venue management, guest speakers, freelance support, etc.
• Monitor event activities and proactively resolve any issues to ensure event attendees have an exceptional experience.
• Coordinate and ensure on time delivery of all required event materials.
• Schedule and lead periodic meetings with event stakeholders to provide updates.
• Lead cross functional teams (internal/external) to ensure successful execution of all aspects of events.
• Propose unique / creative event opportunities, themes, etc. to improve event quality and generate interest.
• Conduct post- event evaluations and report on outcomes to improve future event experience.
• Maintain all records of event aspects, including financial details.
• Review event bills for accuracy, resolve any discrepancies and approve for payment.
• Stay up-to-date on event planning, registration and communication technology tools.
• Contribute to additional team and company initiatives as needed/assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business management, or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a corporate events manager
• Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills
• Strong contract negotiation skills a must
• Proven experience creating and managing budgets
• Direct sales and/or retail event experience is a plus
• Able to work evenings and weekends as needed
• CMP preferred, but not required
• In-depth knowledge of an event planning process from start to completion
Anticipated travel required for this position is 10% - 15%
Why Join the J. Hilburn Team:
The company offers a dynamic team oriented working environment; competitive salary; insurance (to include but not limited to: medical, dental and vision insurance); 401(k); PTO and paid holidays; discounts on our products; covered parking; on-site gym; and various employee events throughout the year.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.