Last Updated February 2021
J.Hilburn LLC (“J.Hilburn”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information under its control. This policy covers how J.Hilburn treats personal information that J.Hilburn collects and receives in its business, including through its web site at www.jhilburn.com, in its studio locations, at its www.jhstylist.com website, at other web sites, apps, and services under J.Hilburn’s control, and through J.Hilburn sales, customer service, and marketing events (collectively, the “Services”).
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, and/or phone number, or that is otherwise protected by privacy laws.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that J.Hilburn does not own or control, or to people that J.Hilburn does not directly employ or manage (including our Independent Personal Stylists).
J.Hilburn collects personal information as follows:
- From visitors and users of our Services, including users who provide their information to purchase our products or request further information from J. Hilburn or from a J. Hilburn independent contractor stylist (“Independent Personal Stylist”). In particular, the jhilburn.com website allows you to contact us by providing your name and email address. The website also allows you to provide your email address to sign up for marketing information, and to provide your zip code, which we will use to connect you with an Independent Personal Stylist.
- From customers and guests at our studio locations.
- From Independent Personal Stylists and potential Independent Personal Stylists through interaction with our web sites and in connection with managing our relationship with Independent Personal Stylists.
- When you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
- When you contact us for customer service or for information about our products or personal shopping advice. We use this information to respond to your request.
- When we measure you for fitting purposes. In your discretion, and to assist in providing you with custom fit clothing, you may undergo a 3D body scan which uses infrared sensors, and/or other technologies to map out the shape and contours of your body (“body data”). This scan is performed by a scanner located in one of our studio locations.
- We may provide a mobile app to assist in measuring your body to provide you with the best fitting clothes possible. In your discretion, you may use such mobile app to conduct a 3D body scan. If you do, our app developer will collect personal information about you in the form of photographs taken by the mobile app and process those photographs to create data that maps out the shape and contours of your body (“body data”) and will deliver that data to us. Our app developer may also request additional information about you, including your gender.
Because we sell items online, have credit card sales, and have physical studios, personal information will be collected in the context of any sale, whether online or in our studio. J.Hilburn may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
Information collected by us includes your name, email address, passwords and credential information, address, birth date, zip code, occupation, industry, personal interests, gender, body measurement data, other body data, and payment card information.
Once you register with J.Hilburn to receive our Services, you are not anonymous to us.
Cookies and Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our web sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and usage.
Use and Disclosure of Information
J.Hilburn automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, J.Hilburn cookie information, and the page you request.
J.Hilburn uses your information for the following general purposes, based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent:
- fulfill your requests for Services.
- customize the content you see.
- improve our Services.
- contact you regarding upgrade opportunities, promotions, and special offers.
- contact you regarding support and maintenance matters.
- conduct research, and
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
If you are an Independent Personal Stylist, we use your personal information to manage our relationship with you (including delivery of products and payments to you and to deal with customer service questions).
If you agree in your discretion to be scanned, your body data and related data (if any) will be processed for the purpose of supplying custom clothing to you, keeping proper records of those transactions and assisting us and our service providers in the development, debugging and testing of the products and technologies of our service providers. In particular, your body data will be disclosed to our app developer without any other personally identifying information. In these cases, our app developer has no ability to identify the individual associated with the body data. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract (purchase of clothing) between you and us, and you give us your specific consent to use such information for these purposes.
We may also disclose and use personal information:
- when we have your permission to do so;
- to an Independent Personal Stylist to follow up on your request for information on our Services and based on the zip code you provide us, or to assist in fulfilling any of your orders;
- to other companies and individuals who work for us to provide one or more parts of our Services or that provide related administrative functions (such as support services and web analytics). These third parties may have access to your personal information; if they do, this access is only so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf, and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose; and
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with a legal process or law, or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or government request for information, (2) enforce an agreement with you, or (3) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of J.Hilburn, its users, or the public.
- For data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
You can edit your J.Hilburn account information at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the J.Hilburn service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your J.Hilburn account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
You can delete your account with us by contacting J.Hilburn at moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc.
You will receive promotional emails from J.Hilburn also as part of your account. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails by following the “Unsubscribe” opt-out instructions found at the bottom of these emails or filling out this form. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personal information from the databases of our Independent Personal Stylists or third parties with which we have already shared personal information (i.e., to which we have already provided personal information about you as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such Independent Personal Stylists or third parties, please contact such Independent Personal Stylists or third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
Confidentiality and Security
We have implemented reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. We will promptly make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data.
You acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and that we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Service, you may contact us.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of sixteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from children under the age of sixteen through our Services, we will delete the information from our records. If you become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a user of our Services under the age of sixteen, please contact J.Hilburn at moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc.
Sale of Company; Bankruptcy
If we sell our company or otherwise transfer substantially all of our assets related to our Services, we may disclose your personal information in connection with such sale or transfer.
In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Retention of Your Information
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
If you are a resident of California, then you have certain rights under California law:
- You have the right to ask us to tell you about the categories of personal information we collect, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- You have the right to ask us to delete any personal information which we have collected about you. However, despite your request, we may continue to keep your information for certain narrow purposes, such as fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, detecting security incidents, or complying with our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask us to tell you about the categories of personal information we collect from you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, the reasons we collected your personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information, the categories of information we have shared for a business purpose, and the specific pieces of personal information which we have collected about you.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against because you choose to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. In particular, you have to right not to be denied goods or services and not to be charged a different price or to be provided with a different level or quality of goods or services.
You, or your authorized agent, may exercise these rights by sending us an email addressed to moc.nrublihj@ecivresremotsuc or a letter addressed to the address at the bottom of this policy. Those addresses may also be used to learn more about our privacy practices. In addition, you may ask us for the information described in items (1) and (3), above, by calling us at 1835-987-668. In order to respond to your request we may match your email address, postal address or telephone number with our files and contact you through those mechanisms to verify your identity.
|Category of Information||Collected||Disclosed for business purpose*|
|Records of Purchasing History||X|
|Occupation and Industry||X|
|Payment Card Information||X||X|
We have disclosed the information listed above in order to:
- Respond to our customers’ requests to be connected to our Independent Personal Stylists
- Process and fulfill orders and transactions
- Process payments
- Maintain customer accounts
- Analyze sales patterns
J.Hilburn may update this policy from time to time and will change the “last updated” date at the top when we do. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we may make to this policy. Your continued use of our Sites and receipt of our Services following the posting of changes to this policy means you accept the changes.
883 Trinity Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75056