We are looking for:
The Graphic Designer, reporting to the Art Director, will be responsible for a myriad of efforts updating and evolving J.Hilburn’s visual assets. This position will support the Senior Graphic Designer and Art Director in creating new graphics to support each seasonal collection launch; assist the creative and marketing team in creating client emails, social media assets, and website image updates. A high level of design quality maintenance is required.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Maintain clarity of message on all design
• Create assets with guidance from the Art Director and following the brand guidelines
• Create or update product line art, illustrations or icons as new clothing options evolve
• Collaborate with the marketing team in designing email and social campaigns
• Strive for thoughtful new technology uses, design ideas
• Maintain organization for quality control as seasonal changes are made
• Project manage assignments from concept through to completion with the assistance of the Basecamp platform
• Make updates and improvements to our websites through collaboration with our development team (no coding required)
• Work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer and Art Director to evolve the brand identity and branding for semi-annual conference events
• Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned such as creation of printed material or signage, branded internal documents, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional visual taste and ability to produce strong design with minimal typography and color
• Passion for research and investigation for the latest in design and fashion
• Creative, logical, and self-driven with high standards for quality and attention to detail
• Strong multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of contact
• Must be able to work within a team environment and with other teams and departments
• Responsive web design and user interface experience is a plus.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Art
• 2-5 years of experience in graphic design field, preferably in retail/fashion, a plus if experienced in interactive and responsive web applications
• Refined typography skills
• Proficient using Macintosh operating system
• Adobe Creative Suite Experience, with special focus on Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of digital image quality and output and color spaces
• There is minimal anticipated travel required for this position.
• Potential to travel for photoshoots
• Annual and Semi-Annual Company Conferences