Senior Graphic Designer
We are looking for:
We are looking for a full-time Senior Designer to join our Creative team. To be successful in this position this individual must have a passion for every aspect of design, exceptional visual taste and be creative, logical and self-driven with high standards for quality and attention to detail. Additionally, this individual will need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Designer is responsible for the development and management of major creative initiatives, all while driving and maintaining the high design standards of the J.Hilburn brand. This individual will develop, oversee and execute a variety of digital and traditional marketing collateral such as photography, design of packaging, catalogs, marketing projects, collateral and digital media.
This position is located in Dallas, TX. Relocation not available.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Affectively execute vision put forth by VP Merchandising and Design and Art Director.
• Develop and drive concepts through effective collaboration with Creative and Marketing teams.
• Design and produce variety of projects across traditional and digital media within budget.
• Present concepts coherently and persuasively to Creative and Marketing teams and/or senior management.
• Proficient management of assigned projects through all phases of production – to include management of contractors.
• Able to lead communications with vendors regarding estimates/budgets.
• Oversee press checks for printed assets.
• Help enforce brand standards with both internal and external partners.
• Research current trends and new technology, such as printing production techniques, computer software and design trends.
• Guide design efforts of other designers on the creative team.
• Art direction of photo and video projects as needed.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced understanding of the 4 color printing process and paper grades
• Knowledge of proper color profiles/spaces for different outputs of assets
• Ability to tell a story through photography
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Able to lead brainstorms and high-concept meetings to develop and facilitate innovative design
• High energy, self-motivated and proactive, marked by a positive attitude and having a willingness to fail
• Self-directed, extremely organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work on very tight timelines while maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, and works well with direction from the Art Director
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or Visual Art
• 6+ years of related experience working as a Senior Designer at an ad agency, design firm or retail/fashion house , prior fashion experience strongly preferred
• Must possess superior graphic design and typography skills
• Knowledge of fashion photography preferred
• Proficient using Macintosh operating system
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)