We are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Sr. Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and various business transactions of the company. The Sr Accountant will combine advanced analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Assist the Director of Accounting with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Finance Department including budget review and analysis.
• Collaborate with warehouse team to reconcile and track ready to wear inventory
• Develop inventory analysis reports and analyze variances.
• Facilitate and complete monthly close process.
• Create, analyze and report timely and accurate financial information for management
• Assist with financial and tax audits.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Identify, communicate, and resolve inventory issues.
• Collaborate with other departments for process improvements.
• Performs other incidental and related projects as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Must be an extremely adaptive individual able to quickly process information and data
• Must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with a polished presence
• Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people both internally and externally of differing cultures and at many levels (employees, vendors, stylists)
• Must possess a continuous improvement mentality and is always looking for opportunities to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness in our operations
• Must have a strong service mentality with a collaborative, flexible approach to serving both internal and external clients
• Strong organization, problem solving and time management skills
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4+ years of relevant experience in accounting
• Strong technical inventory accounting skills
• Consumer packaged goods industry experience a plus
• Proficiency in using accounting systems; NetSuite
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookup
• Strong understanding of an inventory distribution model, including inventory cost accounting
• Anticipated travel required for this position is minimal.