Director of Marketing and Communications
We are looking for:
The Director of Marketing and Communication holds ultimate responsibility for the company’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated multi-channel marketing strategy for the business. This individual will be responsible for identifying new market and growth opportunities, conducting market research/competitive insights, managing public relation events, advertising, marketing operations and all corporate communications including public relations.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute branding and corporate identity initiatives.
• Develop and oversee the execution of a marketing plan/strategy aligned with corporate objectives that include overall corporate positioning, Stylist and customer acquisition strategy, digital engagement, and social media strategies along with tactical programs.
• Develop and manage marketing budget with a focus on achieving budget efficiency and maximization.
• Build a measurable metrics-driven marketing function and benchmark criteria to measure and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing.
• Create strategic communication programs that establish a consistent company voice across a broad range of communication channels including PR, social media, website, sales materials, packaging, and blogs.
• Ensure marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
• Work closely with internal teams to define marketing materials and programs.
• Work closely with internal teams and Stylists; enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
• Oversee the operation of the company’s website and email marketing program and provide analytics review.
• Oversee and evaluate analysis of competitive environment and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Measure impact of marketing initiatives and develop strategies to address.
• Supervise marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong understanding of key marketing programs and disciplines in a multi-channel consumer business
• Knowledge of marketing program planning, analysis and measurement (Google Analytics, media measurement, promotions management)
• Ability to coordinate cross-functional resources across all levels to support / drive marketing program execution
• Understanding of changing marketing technologies, industry trends and competitive evolution
• Ability to curate ideas, influence outcomes and report results / recommendations
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, very team oriented
• Ability to effectively communicate with various business stakeholders, both internal and external
• Able to prioritize varying demands and effectively multi-task to meet deadlines
• Strong business acumen, relationship management, customer service skills and drive for results
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required, MBA preferred
• 10+ years in a multi-channel marketing role planning and executing marketing promotions, strategic media direction and public relations
• Prior experience in designing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns
• Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
• Solid knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices
• Experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software
• Knowledge of Klaviyo preferred.
• Familiarity with web design
• Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles; experience as a Digital Marketing Director preferred
Up to 30% travel