Director of Marketing Communications
We are looking for:
The primary responsibility for the Director of Marketing Communications is developing strategy, schedule, and execution of marketing communications in coordination with the SVP of Marketing and Sales. This individual has a clear vision of the company objectives and strategies and directs the implementation of supporting field and client communication and engagement tactics across the company.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute branding and corporate identity initiatives.
• Direct the development of the communications calendar for both Stylists and Clients including email (Hubspot), text (Twillio), social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok), and vendors supplying assets for social sharing.
• Develop and manage marketing budget with a focus on achieving budget efficiency and maximization.
• Lead the development of messaging campaigns across the company on behalf of all departments. Determine the best channels for saturation of messaging within the Stylist base and Clients.
• Create marketing campaign calendar by month with strategic focus, messaging, and integration of the “Simon Says” blog for a unified client experience.
• Manage third-party consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, day-to-day management, and internal approvals, to meet company objectives.
• Present, gain alignment and manage implementation of campaigns, events, and all associated communications including frequently asked questions, videos to drive excitement, etc.
• Complete an annual audit of all communications, their effectiveness and make recommendations for how to gain better traction with Stylists and Clients.
• Manage implementation in 2024 and reporting of NPS throughout J. Hilburn.
• Supervise marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules, and deadlines.
• Grow the following and engagement for J. Hilburn’s digital marketing channels and report on engagement KPIs monthly.
• Partner directly with creative and technology partners to outline marketing asset needs/deliverables and set timeline expectations.
• Review all Stylists' proposed marketing and advertising campaigns to ensure compliance and optimize to help their ROI.
• Work with Stylists to develop calendar for rollout and training of Custom-Made Social assets. Teach Stylists basic social media skills to help them drive their own engagement using provided assets.
• Gain approval for and communicate timely new marketing programs, updates and launches. Coordinate review and modification of all automated email content with any change impacting ongoing communications.
• Ability to communicate complex topics simply. For example, compensation plans with unique examples and scenarios.
• Produce visual PowerPoint presentations to enhance message saturation through the Sales Team.
• Stays abreast of the menswear and custom apparel markets, and direct selling channel, and provides recommendations to maintain our advantage.
• Approve invoices against approved budgeted items and submit them for payment. Identify any month-end accruals for outstanding invoices.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong understanding of marketing programs and disciplines in a multi-channel consumer business.
• Knowledge of marketing program planning, analysis, measurement, and recommendations to enhance target community engagement (Google Analytics, media measurement, email engagement, text engagement, promotions management).
• Ability to design and write communications with an engaging look and feel within Hubspot.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Ability to coordinate cross-functional resources across all levels to support / drive marketing/communications program execution.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with vendor partners and negotiate on behalf of the brand for ongoing cost efficiencies.
• Understanding of changing marketing technologies, industry trends and competitive evolution, always staying abreast of new emerging solutions that could improve performance.
• Ability to curate ideas, influence outcomes and report results / recommendations.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, very team-oriented and focused on delivering the best work product that will influence positive results.
• Ability to effectively communicate with various business stakeholders, both internal and external.
• High level of attention to detail to proofread their own work and ensure excellence in publications,
• Able to prioritize multiple competing demands and effectively multi-task to meet deadlines.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Digital Communications, or related field required.
• 5+ years in a multi-channel marketing role with key responsibility or involvement in media planning, DTC and/or ecommerce sales support and PR.
• Proven track record managing and growing company social channels and reporting analytics.
• Strong understanding of core e-commerce KPI’s, data & analytics.
• Experience operating in Google Analytics or similar analytics platform.
• Experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Hubspot.
• Knowledge of Eventbrite and Twilio preferred.
• Experience managing complex projects and gaining alignment for competing priorities.
Up to 10% travel